SPINDLELESS LATHE CONTROL SYSTEM
GPX-309 Spindleless Lathe Control System is a complete small logs peeling system that incorporates the advance technology in Industrial Fanless Embedded System, high-end Micro-Processor Chips and state-of-the-art High Level Programming Language. It is specifically designed to solve the problems of existing spindleless lathe machine:
- Log rupture during peeling
- Unable to process mix species logs with high density
- Veneer uneven thickness
- Rough veneer quality
- Torn veneer
- Low peeling speed
- Short life span of wear-and-tear parts
- No real-time production data records
- No output conveyor synchronizer that balance the speed of output conveyor with the peeling speed
The outstanding contributions of GPX-309 system are:
- The existing spindleless machine is ready and capable of peeling tropical mix log species, thus hard wood peeling becomes possible. This has a significant impact on log peeling recovery, and this improvement is largely depends on the percentage of log species that failed to process before machine modification.
- Feeding pressure on all bearings and feed screw is well managed, thus prolong the life span of all mechanical parts by at least 20%. Besides, the production lost time due to changing the broken mechanical parts is saved. The total saved in production lost time is largely depends on the frequency of changing the broken parts before machine modification.
- Consistent peeling torque pressure minimises log rupture and log twist throughout peeling process, thus improves overall peeling recovery and this improvement is largely depends on the percentage of different log variant that failed to process before machine modification.
- The maximum machine peeling speed is ready at 60m/min and can be set to a maximum value 0f 80m/min! As such, the overall machine productivity can be increased by at least 30% and it could reached as high as 50% (as compared to existing maximum machine peeling speed of 38 to 45m/min) depending on the log supply efficiency, reeling efficiency and etc..
- The log peeling process can be stopped at any time without veneer splitting. No veneer splits imply higher OWP veneer and better recovery.
- The machine can be operated in manual speed control mode in which Operator can operates the machine flexibly (similar to manual spindle speed control for UROKO/TAIHEI lathe) according to log conditions. Again, this has a significant impact on log peeling recovery in which all kinds of log supplied to the machine are able to be “converted” into face/back veneer as desired.
- The Reeling Conveyor is equipped with Fully Auto Conveyor Synchronizer. This ensures a continuous reeling without veneer split. The improvements are significant decrease in veneer split, increase in machine efficiency and reeling ratio, and improve in veneer quality.
- With correct knife-gap setting and good machine fitness, GPX system promises an even thickness of ±5 to 8%.
- The system records real-time production data during the whole peeling process. The recorded production data are Machine Run Time, Machine Efficiency, Average Peeling Speed, Average Logs Initial Diameter, Average Logs Core Diameter, Peeling Logs Count, Peeling Recovery, Average Peeling Thickness and Peeling Output Volume.